Monday, September 16, 2013

A First Attempt at Self-Constructed Learning

I have been so perplexed by this story of the "hole in the wall" that caused illiterate children to become web surfers that I decided to create an opportunity for self-directed learning in my class this week. I gave my students a passage from our reading in Shakespeare to see if they could discover the meaning without me. They couldn't. I am sure I need to get further into the book so that I can learn more about the scenario by which self directed learning must take place. I am disappointed that my first attempt did not work, but at with most great new methods, it takes time and focus on the method, frame, and context. I am not discouraged, and I look forward to learning more about the book and trying another attempt at self-contructed/directed learning within my class.

No comments:

Post a Comment